Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Am I getting too old?

Or are the girls nowadays just getting skankier and skankier? I went to the the Kanye West concert last night with my friends Ashely and Natalie and it was ridiculous.  The night started off on a bad note when the concert got delayed for about 2 hours.  I guess one of the semi's that carries the stage set up was stuck in traffic in AZ and made it so our concert was late.  It wouldn't have been that bad if there were only two performers but since there were four acts it made for a long night.  Don't get me wrong it was a fun night and the acts were all great...just a lot of b.s for one night.  There were a bunch of skanky drunk girls in front of us that kept trying to pick fights with other skanky drunk girls.  They all looked too young to be drinking in the first place but I guess that's what fake I.D's are for.  At one point one of them tried to call on my friend Ashley just for looking in her direction.  This girl was so immature it was sad.  I know Ash could've taken her (even though she had the flu).  After putting up with all of the drama and throw-up (we still never figured out who the culprit was but we could sure smell it) Kanye finally came on at about 11:45.  I have never been to a concert that was that far behind, and I have definitely been to my fare share of concerts.  I know it's not Kanye's fault but it sure would've been nice if he would've apologized or even acted like he cared we were there.  He is a great performer and very talented person just a little too cocky.  I doubt Kanye will ever be back (especially cuz the place wasn't very full) so I am glad I did see him.  I just hope one day he will get over himself.  I did think Rihanna looked amazing and I was very impressed with Lupe Fiasco.  I always have a good time going to concerts with the Holt sisters.  We have been to a lot of good concerts and it's always a guaranteed good time.  Hopefully my concert tomorrow (Stone Temple Pilots) goes a little better than this one.  At least I will remember some earplugs this time cuz the E-center sound sucks and I could barely understand what anyone was singing.  Here is a picture of two of the girls that were in front of us. My only question is that really a dress or is it suppose to be a shirt?
                      
On a positive note: I did become a fan of the guy that sings background on Lupe Fiasco's "Superstar" song.  His name is Matthew Santos and he is really cute and talented. Here are a few pics of him so you can see for yourself.  Unfortunately after googling his name to find some pictures to post it came to my attention he was just here last month!!! I guess he performed after the Ogden Marathon for only ten bucks......dang I'm sad I missed it.  

3 comments:

Ashley ;o) said...

Wow... you summed up the night pretty dang well Shell! ;o) LOL I seriously still have a headache from having to work that next day. And I'm with you on the skankiness... its getting out of control!! It seems like every picture we took had skanky girls in the background somewhere! And that picture is hilarious. Didn't Natalie say it was a skort?!? LOL

And I can't believe we missed that guy!! We need to be more on the ball these days! ;o) But he was awesome for sure!

Oh... and how do you want me to get you the pics I took? Maybe I'll try emailing them to you tomorrow. They might fill up your inbox though. ;o)

Hope you're having fun at your concert right now. ;o)

Jen Gentry said...

Hey gf sounds like fun NOT!!! Yes you are getting too old. You should be married with atleast 1 child by now so quit going to concerts and start going to a singles ward or BYU or on blind dates or something. J/K. Love you.

Smiley0709 said...

He is way good lookin! Kinda reminds me of a Travis Barker/Adam Levine mix.. MMMMMmmmm>>> : ) I'm so glad we have our little concert crew. It's so fun.. And I love all the cool new things you taught me on my phone.. Any other cool things you learn send them my way :) Until our next concert :).. Or we should do lunch or something..