Sunday, June 22, 2008

Summer is finally here!!!

                               The Gang
        

To celebrate the beginning of summer I decided to have a little BBQ at my house.  It was a small gathering of friends so it was really fun.  A couple of my friends live or lived out of state and I hadn't seen them in awhile so we had a nice little reunion.  I was really proud of myself  because I had to start the grill with a match and I didn't singe my hair or burn down the house. Jessica and I did a great job cooking up the hot dogs and hamburgers, Amy made a yummy dessert, and Jo made a great salad (at least that's what I am told since I don't really eat salad).  We had fun playing with all the little kiddies.  My friends all have the cutest kids and they are such great moms.  Although, they are definitely lacking in the Guitar Hero skills department.  I am proud of my friend Tiff cuz she finally passed a song now I just need to help Lori get there.  Thanks to everyone for coming we need to do it again soon!!! I bought a badminton set to play but we didn't have time so the next one we will have to for sure.  We played it a little tonight with my family and I am happy to say that me and Ryan beat everyone.  I think it helped though the fact that Jen couldn't serve the birdie over the net if her life depended on it.      


Here is a picture of my friend Amy with her cute little girl Sydney.    
   
   
Jodi and Heston (he didn't want to look at the camera that night). 


Jess and Deagon.  Lori joked that Deagon looks more like Jess than her, I think I might agree.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had so much fun that night - thanks for the awesome burger (I only threw up twice that night - just kidding it was delicious!) We totally need to play Guitar Hero again, I am determined to beat another song! Thanks again!! Love ya!

jess said...

I thought Lori was just joking about Deagon but I think he could be mine not questions asked!! Hopefully my kids are half as cute as he is ;) Thanks for hosting such a great party... It was so good to see everyone, we for sure need to do it again sometime!

Jen Gentry said...

I will be practicing my serving and me and Scott will kick your butts one day. Justin is determined to teach me to be "GOOD" like him. If I could've had someone serve for me we totally would've won.

cheeks said...

hey you! Thanks so much for stopping out at the ball field, it's always good to see you...even if it's only 10 minutes at a time! You girls all look cute...way to go on not setting the hair on fire!! ha ha

So, does your friend lori work at mindful women? i think she did a pedicure for my friend melissa....she is way cute!

Ashley ;o) said...

Ah... isn't it nice to be able to have barbeques finally?!? ;o) Looks like fun! And I'm proud of you for getting the grill going... I won't touch ours!! I have no idea how that thing works! ;o)

Melissa said...

It looks like you huys had a lot of fun, I wish I could have been there!! We'll have to do it when I come into town next, hopefully it will be soon!!