Wednesday, August 13, 2008

My home away from home!


Considering that I have been to California 3 times this year I am officially calling it my home away from home. I love everything about Cali. The weather is always perfect and they have so many things you can do there. For this trip the highlight was going to watch the Yankees play in Anaheim....it was also the reason or I could say our excuse to go. We arrived on Thursday and came home on Monday. I had a great time hanging out with family and entertaining my cousins boy Tristan. Since my aunt and uncle live in Thousand Oaks we decided to get a hotel for one night in Anaheim. I was glad my aunt came up with the idea cuz it took us over 2 hours to get there. They had the freeway closed down for a funeral or something. Traffic would be my only complaint with California.....it is way to crowed and takes forever to get anywhere. Once we got to Anaheim we went to this place Dave & Busters that I love. It is kinda like a high class Chucky Cheese. We ate our lunch then played games forever until we could check in at the hotel. That night we went to the game. Angel stadium is a really nice and our seats turned out great. The only bad part of the night was the Yanks lost, but other than that it was awesome. They had the coolest fireworks I have ever seen after the game. The next day we got up early(for me) and headed over to California Adventures. Some of my family had never been there so they enjoyed that. Plus they had a new ride since the last time I went and it was fun. After we went on most of the rides there we headed over to Disneyland. I was very surprised that it wasn't more crowed especially since it was a Saturday. The longest we waited was 40 minutes for Space Mountain, which is nothing compared to the 90 minutes I have waited previously. We just relaxed the next day watching the Olympics and had some ice cream and cake for Scott's bday. My aunt made her famous chocolate cake which everybody loved yet again. On Monday we met up with my cousin Aimee who had been in Maui all week. Ya I know I'm jealous too!! We went to this place in Malibu that Scott loves for his bday and I had some yummy pizza. We got back to their house in just enough time for Scott to shove in another piece of cake and leave. Once we got on the freeway it gave us about 1 hour before our flight. Needless to say I was kinda freaking. We had to still return our rental car plus check in. Everything worked out in our favor though. Luckily the flight was delayed or else we would've been spending the night in Cali. one more night. Which of course I wouldn't have mind......but my work probably would have.


Happy Birthday Scott!!

5 comments:

jess said...

I am glad you had fun! Almost time to start packing your bags again!!

jess said...

goin' for comment numero dos.. but I tagged you so see if you can get it done huh??

The Tribe Family said...

You are always doing fun stuff!!!
Hey if your single check out Lindsey's blog on my blog!!! Super cute guy and single!! lol
You are so dang cute! I don't know your type but, I thought I would let you know!! lol
Rachel

Anonymous said...

BOOO Yankees, you need to go see a real team like the Boston Red Sox play j/k! It looks like you had a good time, tell Scotty I said Happy Belated Birthday!

Ashley ;o) said...

Three trips to Cali already?!? I hate you!! ;o) j/k Me and Nat were wanting to take a little trip there with Cam this year... not sure it'll happen. :( But Cali is definitely one of my favorite places... I LOVE Huntington Beach!!

And I've seen commercials for that Dave and Busters place. Not sure if there's one around here or not... but I'd like to check it out. Nothing better than a high-class Chuck E Cheese!! lol

Well... it looks like you had another fun vacation... which is about every other week it seems. ;o) Cute pics! Oh... and Happy Birthday to Scott! ;o)