Tuesday, July 1, 2008

These are a few of my favorite things.

I have recently discovered (or rediscovered in some cases) things in the last couple of months ranging from new food to music.  I decided to name a few of my favorite things I have been doing instead of blogging......sorry unfortunately I am still a slacker and with the good weather we've had lately I'm not behind the computer as much......anyways here is the list. 

Badminton- I bought a sweet set at Wal-Mart and me and my friends (Pej) can't get enough.
Wendy's spicy chicken sandwiches....they are definitely spicy but really good.
Lupe Fiasco- After seeing him in concert I can't get enough of his new Cd "The Cool" for those of you still into hip hop I highly recommend it. 
Papa Murphy's Take n Bake- I use to think is was a hassle to have to cook it yourself but I prefer their sauces and ingredients.  My favs are the Gourmet Vegetarian w/o tomatoes and onions and the Mediterranean. 
Reading!!!! I used to never read in fact I can probably count on one hand how many books I had read (all the way through) in the last 5 years until "Twilight". I owe this book and the ones that followed a lot of credit for getting me to read again.  Since finishing the first 3 books I have read 4 more.  I'm definitely not a speed reader but I stay up all hours of the night so I can read for hours on end and usually finish them within a week. So far the best book I have read besides the Twilight series is "My Sister's Keeper". It is a tear jerker but a pretty interesting story. 
Rob & Big reruns- Since the show is officially over now I am getting caught up on all of the great fun and adventures that Rob & Big had.  I used to watch the show occasionally but now that my bro has been recording them I watch them all the time and laugh my butt off every episode.  I know some people have been watching them from the start like my friend Jodi, but I am just glad its on MTV so I know I can catch them all in reruns.   
Blackberry- I am starting to wonder how I ever survived without it!! 
Another artist I have constantly been listening to on repeat is Sia. The whole Cd is really good but one song I can't get enough of is called "Little Black Sandals" it's on her Some People Have Real Problems album so check it out if you have the time. Thanks again Aimee for the Cd.
Racketball- I used to play this back in the day and until recently I hadn't played in years.  Me and a couple of friends started playing again at Golds in Ogden.  If any of you play let me know and you can get in on the fun....that is if you don't mind a few curse words now and then!! 
 I noticed my list is getting long so I will end with a website my cousin Aimee also hooked me up with it's called Sidestep.com.   For all of you travelers out there it is a really convenient site. You can go there and check out airfare, hotel, cruises, etc. and it searches for it on a ton of different websites to tell you where to go to get the best deal.  They also send you weekly emails to keep you updated whenever there is a good travel deal going on.  
I hope you guys will check out some of my favorite stuff.....let me know what you think of about any of it if you agree or disagree.  

3 comments:

cheeks said...

oh, racquetball....i would love to play again! THat was sooo fun! I think we definitely laughed more than we played! I'm sure i peed my pants more than once! hah ah a

So, the TWILIGHT series...what the heck. THat is so the craze out here too! I'm so like you as far as reading goes....i don't even remember ever reading the assigned books in middle and high school...how did i ever pass english?! Anyway, Brett's sister lent me her book to read on the plane home. I have to admit it kept me interested. I've been busy since we got home, but i'm about to start the "PORT ANGELES" chapter...my friends say that's when it really starts to get good! Maybe i'll take an interest to reading now too!

TEll pej hi from me!

Ashley ;o) said...

Ya know... I didn't know people actually played badminton. ;o) I only remember seeing it on that one Disney movie... Robin Hood I think?!? ;o) But hey... that's cool! I should I come play with you guys some time... I'll totally kick Pej's butt!

And I haven't had an actual Papa Murphy's pizza since I was little... but you have to try their cookie dough. It is SOOOO good! I go in there and buy two tubs of it and that's it... and they always look at me so weird. ;o)

And I HATE reading... but I love Rob and Big! I'm so sad it's over. What the FREAK!

Oh... and you know how I feel about Blackberries. Didn't we talk about this at Kanye?!? I will never possess one of those things as long as I live!!!!!! ;o)

The Tribe Family said...

You and your friends look like you had a blast!!!!
Your hair is sooo cute
Rachel