Monday, July 14, 2008

Checking it off the list.

One of my goals for 2008 was to FINALLY use my passport.  I have had it for over a year and I'm sad to say I have yet to use it.  Well things are about to change.  Luckily I have a good friend Jess that served her mission to a foreign country and she just happens to be going back to visit.  I wasn't about to miss my opportunity to finally bust out my passport so I sorta invited myself along.  We will be going to Sao Paulo, Brazil for ten days in September and I can't wait.  The only thing holding me back is that I have to get a visa.  I am probably like most people when I didn't realize I would need one.  It's just a good thing Jess knows what she is doing and has been there before.  It kinda sucks though because it's like 200 bucks......but it will be well worth it.  I have to pay 140 to the consulate to get my visa, but because you can't just mail it in like a passport I have to pay another 55 bucks so someone can physically go to L.A. and turn it in for me and pick it up.  I am just glad they have these services because $55 dollars is a lot cheaper than and airplane ticket.  I will be in L.A next month but unfortunately the only time you can pickup the passport from there is a Tues. or Thurs. from 12-1 pm, crazy huh?  Wish me luck with the whole visa thing, I will keep you updated on if I get accepted or not.  I thought I would post a couple of pics of some of the beaches we are wanting to visit.  


Looks pretty sweet huh? I will admit I've been wanting to go to Europe forever, but I think South America has a lot to offer.  The best part is our dollar is more than their money (unlike Europe) so we can get a beach house in this city for like sixty bucks a night and that is split 3 ways!!! I don't think the motel in Roy is as cheap as that!




10 comments:

jess said...

FYI: I totally extended the invite so you did not invite yourself!! I am just glad that you are willing to brave the craziness of Brazil with me.. It is going to be so much fun.. I will almost have all of my favorite people in one place at one time!!

Ashley ;o) said...

I am SOOOO DANG JEALOUS of you!! You are going to have such an awesome time!! And I don't think I even know what a visa is... or what it's for! ;o) Heck... I don't even have a passport yet. I'm sure you'll get it all taken care of though. Again... so jealous!! ;o)

Oh... and guess what? I forgot about the Coldplay tickets going on sale. And when I finally remembered... all they had were seats way in the back of the lower bowl. And I wasn't going to pay $120 for those seats. :( Maybe I'll try to find some on ebay or something. I bet you got pretty good seats huh??

Jodi said...

You guys will have a ton of fun! $60 bucks split three ways is cheap, but not as cheap as $0 bucks like it would have been to stay on the beach with me in Spain last year. Okay even the Hostel in Rome cost more than that, so you've got a great deal! But I am excited you are using your passport. Just don't loose it to go in January!

Brookie said...

Look at you World traveler:) How fun!!! You have been everywhere, good for you! I am jealous! My husband served his mission in brazil and we have talked about going back there. When are you leaving again? Take lots of pictures, so we can see how much fun you had:)
I am glad to hear you are doing well:)
xoxo
Brooke

Heather said...

So when are you going to get the brazilian bikini wax? You know you will have to go toplesss there too! Try not to get kidnapped, if you don't know what I mean just check out the Simpson's episode where they go to Brazil. I am sure it is portrayed very accurately! Ha Ha!

Anonymous said...

I am super jealous!! You are going to have so much fun you little stinker!
P.S. I tagged you...

Smiley0709 said...

It's about time you posted again! Your trip sounds amazing! I'm so jealous. I have always wanted to go there. Can't wait to see and read your blog after... Cause of course you'll update it quickly, right! :) I'll be waiting..!

cheeks said...

yeah...a stamp in the passport! It's exciting! That will be so awesome to be in Brazil and have cute jessica as your personal tour guide. I'm sure she'll show you all the great places. Those beaches look amazing! Dang, i'm jealous!

Jen Gentry said...

I am so jealous of you....but not for the trip to Brazil I could really care less about that. I am jealous of your big boobs, little butt, thick hair, chicken legs, etc. you know, all the things that I didn't inherit. I am also jealous of Brazil who am I kidding? Just don't get killed cuz mom probably can't afford to fly your body back home and even if she could it would put a dent in my kids wardrobe fund. J/K.

Adam & Leesha Wickern said...

What up Shelly, I was doin a little browsing and saw your adorable face and wanted to say hi. I am so jealous that get to go to Brazil, that would be awesome!! You guys look like you are having so much fun!! It is so good to see you!!