Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Miracles Do Happen!!

I know I know it's a miracle I am FINALLY posting something new. After I got home from Brazil, I just didn't have the motivation or time to spend on my blog (or anyone elses). I know it's no excuse.....but I am back!! The last two months I was working double duty. In the mornings I worked and my current job PCB-Solutions and then at night I would work at FedEx like always. It turns out I have a lot less energy and don't stay up as late as I used to when I have to be at work early EVERY day. On top of that I was also put in the Young Womens as a Beehive Advisor.....thanks to my mom who is now the YW President. I am happy to say that I am down to just one job now!!! For those of you interested in my new job, it is kinda hard to explain what we do and what I do. I would just suggest you check out our website if you really care pcb-solutions.net. As of today I guess my title would be customer support, but it changes all of the time. I am sorta inside sales/customer service. We are a small, but growing company so things are constantly changing. People are always asking me if I like my new job and the answer is YES. I do miss my old co-workers, but I love getting off early. Right now we are a little slower because it's the end of the year and let's face it the economy sucks. I know we will pick up and in the meantime I can sit and blog when I am bored at work.....right? One thing that I love about my new job is the flexibility and the people. When I was hired at PCB it turned out that I already knew the person I would be working the closest with. His name is Brenn Hill. We had a couple of classes together at WSU. I also know his wife and her family because they are good ole' Roy High Alumini. He is such an awesome guy and is going through a really hard time right now. His youngest boy had a massive brain tumor removed a little over a month ago. His son Briggs has been such a fighter and has battled so many obstacles to be where he is right now. Briggs started his chemotherapy at Primary Childrens yesterday. I ask for you to pray for him in beating his cancer. Although I have yet to meet Briggs, I feel like I know him already from all of the wonderful stories Brenn tells me about him. Here is a link to Briggs website for anyone who is interested in keeping up with his progress http://www.carepages.com/carepages/briggshill

4 comments:

Reeder family said...

hey shells,
just seen your mom today, she brought me such cute outfits for the baby. She was telling me how much stuff she has to wrap for the grandkids and the kids that still live at home for christmas. You guys are spoiled. I have to tell you I think she spoiled me with the baby gift, so you guys sure are lucky. Make sure you give her a big hug for me. I am glad your back to updating your blog. That is so sad for your co-worker I hope everything goes good and gets better for their family. I haven't heard the name briggs before. we are still loving the name brigg. the names are kind of alike. Well have a merry christmas!

PCCook said...

Hey Shells, it's good to see you are alive and doing well! That's really sad about your co-worker's little boy, I always try and keep people like that in my prayers b/c you never know who is sick out there, especially if it's little kids suffering! I'm glad you are liking your new job. I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!!! Tell your family hi and Merry Christmas for me too!!!

Jen Gentry said...

Welcome back girlfriend. I had actually taken you off my blog list due to inactivity. Like I have any room to talk. I hope you have a merry xmas!!

jess said...

and to think I had almost given up on you!! Glad to see you are back on the band wagon... hopefully you will find things to keep you busy blogging!! umm Mexico comes to mind!!