Thursday, April 17, 2008

Deal or No Deal??


This last weekend my mom and her friend decided to try out for Deal or No Deal.   At first I thought I was going to have to wake up at the butt crack of dawn and go get in line with her.  Thankfully at the last minute her best friend Vicki decided to go with her letting me off the hook!! It was my mom's bday that weekend so I volunteered to drop them off instead.  The weekend started out great I met my mom and Vicki at this really nice Italian restaurant called Lagonos.  We all got the same thing chicken ravioli and it was delish.  After dinner we went back to our hotel.  We stayed just a couple miles away from where they were doing the auditions so they could get there early and not have to spend the night there.  They woke up around 5 am and I dropped them off a little before 6.  When they got there not many people were ahead of them except for those that had slept in tents that night.  I guess there were four rounds to get through and my mom and Vicki made it to the 3rd round.  You were supposed to sell yourself in 20 seconds and if they liked you then you moved on.  My mom wanted to be on the show so bad she pulled her wig off 3 times to try and show the producers how much her and Howie have in common.  It wasn't a complete success but they both had fun so that's all that counts.  When I went to pick them up the line wrapped all the way around the block so I was glad they got there before the line was too long.  After the auditions me and my mom met my two sisters in Park City for lunch and some shopping. The next day everyone came over for cake and ice cream.  Happy Birthday mom I love you and I am so privileged to have such a wonderful mom.  You are such a great inspiration and great example to me.  I hope one day that I will be able to be half the mother you are!! 
Here is my mom and her two little helpers blowing out her yummy birthday cake Jen made.
  

13 comments:

Becky Jorgensen said...

Shelly I didn't know your mom had cancer!!! She's such a strong lady and I love her so much!! How is she? She's still one hot momma with no hair and I agree with you, she is one of the greatest woman I've ever known!!! Tell her Happy Late Birthday for me! That would have been awesome if she made it through to the show cause I'm obsessed with that show and I would have been screaming for her the whole time!!LOL

jess said...

Hey ShellBell.. We seriously do need to get back over to the high school. If this weather would ever cooperate and stay nice for more than one day...
Let me know what's going on this weekend.. I was thinking maybe sat. afternoon we could get together with melissa but you tell me cuz I am sure you have to work.
Love Ya
Jess

Garmire's said...

Your mom is beautiful with a bald head, not many women can pull that off!!! I didn't know that she had cancer either. I hope everything is going well for her. She is beautiful!

Jodi said...

Hey I wish she would have made it! It would have been the first time I have ever watched that show!

Anonymous said...

Hey Shelly, tell your mom Happy Belated Birthday. It sounded like you guys had a fun weekend. Your mom looks darling, she is such an awesome person and definately an inspiration! I love her to death!!

cheeks said...

What a sweet tribute to your mom for her bday! She cracks me up...too bad she didn't make the show, round 3 is pretty good though! She looks gorgeous with or without hair! I would love to see her wigs, have you posted any pics?

cheeks said...

PS...why have i not made it to your link list yet? Huh?!

Ashley ;o) said...

I definitely agree with everyone else... your mother looks AWESOME!! ;o) She is so beautiful! And that's so cool that they made it that far! That seriously takes guts... I would NOT be able to do that. ;o)

But Shell... I didn't know she had cancer either. And if anyone can beat it... it's definitely your mom!! She is SOOO very strong and with your amazing family... you guys will kick that cancer in the butt! And give it an extra 50 million kicks in the butt for me while you're at it! ;o)

Tulle Sweet Tutu's said...

Shelly, your Mom is Awesome! Bald is a good look on her!! I love the blog... and that I got to see you and Scott on Sunday! I just love you guys! They for sure should have picked your Mom...Their loss!!

Smiley0709 said...

Hey Shell!! I didn't know your mom had cancer either. Ash and I couldn't believe it when we looked at your blog. She is such a beautiful bright lady.. I bet she is kicking it's butt. And you are such a strong daughter too.. You would never know you've gone through so much. I love ya Shell.. If you ever need anyone to chat with or go get a bit to eat.. We should all go soon serious. I miss our old crew.. We had some good times. I would love to help you get in shape. Let me know and I can get you a pass to come try out one of my classes.. You and a friend :) I would love to see ya.. Maybe you and Ash could come together sometime. Anyway. You rock girl! I have always thought the WORLD of you.. I want you to know that.. :)

The Weaver's said...

I am so bummed she didn't make the show! She should have made it just because she resembles Howie so much! We love your Mom. She is so funny. Thanks for keeping Ryker entertained the other night. He loved you! He asked if you were coming over the next day.

Unknown said...

Shelly,

I just got the loot you sent over from my Mom. Thanks so much. I am in hog heaven. You're the best!

Kell

Jen Gentry said...

Shelly, I didn't know that your mom had cancer too!! My mom also has cancer and tried out for Deal or No Deal. What a small world we live in. J/K. Mom really does look like Howie in that picture.