Sunday, April 27, 2008

Is it summer yet??

Here is a picture of my new haircut and color.

  
Here is the back view, it's the shortest my hair has ever been.     
                              
I am sick of the weather being cold and I am getting excited for some warm weather.  For this reason I decided to get a new summer look.  I am ready for the summer....now the weather just needs to start cooperating. Most of you know I really don't do anything too crazy with my hair, but I hadn't been blond for awhile and decided to go back.  People always say that blonds have more fun!! My hairdresser/friend Lori has slowly been coercing me to go shorter so I just went for it.  I think this is probably as short as I will go but you never know. It's probably not that short to most people but I am used to always being able to put my hair in a ponytail. Besides getting my hair done last week I also had the "opportunity" to help my mom babysit the grand kids.  They are definitely full of energy but are so entertaining. I was able to do some coloring and build some towers with them.  We also rested for a minute (that was all they were willing) and watched some Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.  They bring me such joy in my life and I am so lucky to have all of them live so close.  I can't wait for the summer so we can have our weekly swimming parties.  Erin is already wanting us to bring out the pool but I told her we had to wait until it gets a little warmer!! Me my mom and my brother are going to Cali for a quick trip next weekend.  My cousin Greg's son Tristan is getting baptized by Scott so we are going to support Tristan.  I will post some pics of the trip next week.   Hangin with Erin and Justin

13 comments:

jess said...

Your nephew and nieces are totally adorable!!! I love when I get to play with them too :) I LOVE the new hair cut.. I don't think that blondes have more fun but you make a pretty cute one. I am excited for the concert on Friday.. Make sure and tell amee thank you for not coming when you see her in cali..
love ya

Heather said...

Thank you Anut See-Sees for being such a great Aunt, Erin loves you very much. You will make a great mom one day!

Jen Gentry said...

Wow you better give credit to the awesome photographer who used the perfect lighting and camera angles to make you look half way decent. Your welcome. J/K Justin and Ally love you very much and love when they get to come over and play. Thanks for all your help.

cheeks said...

blondes do have more fun (jess is just jealous)! ha ha ha LOVE LOVE LOVE the haircut!!

It's crazy once you cut it you feel like you should just keep cutting it! I love it for the new season!!

So sorry i hadn't added you... your comment made me laugh because i was sure i had put you on there! I had to go back and double check! I have a whole list of new links in front of me...i'll get right on that! :)

Anonymous said...

Your hair is soooo cute, I love it!! Your nieces and nephew is so freaking cute! I still cannot get over how blonde Erin is.

The Weaver's said...

Cute hair Shelly! It looks adorable!

Garmire's said...

I love your new hair do!
So So Cute!

Ashley ;o) said...

Your hair is way cute!! I always think about cutting my hair short... but I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't put it up. ;o) And I'm totally with ya on the summer issue... I'm done with winter! And I hate how it starts to get warm for a couple days and then snows... HATE IT!

But you have some very cute nieces and nephews! I bet you're an awesome aunt! They look like they love you to death. ;o)

Oh yeah... isn't Pej moving back soon??? He wrote me a couple weeks ago... and I thought it was in May. How crazy will that be?? We'll have to play some volleyball. ;o)

The Tribe Family said...

Love the hair!! It is Super Cute..
Rachel

Tulle Sweet Tutu's said...

Dang hottie!! Short is a good look on you! Now that you've gone for it you'll go shorter and shorter?!? You look fab!!

Hollie B said...

Shells,
You look absolutely beautiful with that haircut, I totally love it on you. I always toy with going shorter, but chicken out. Way to stay tough, it paid off, cause you look great. And for sure you are right about one thing "blondes do have more fun." Party on girl!
Loves you much Shells!
Hollie

jess said...

girlfriend I noticed no post for a little bit so I did you a favor and tagged you on my blog.. I figured you might need some subject matter to write about!!
love ya

Smiley0709 said...

LOVE your new haircut. Not that I see you often to know how long it was before. But, you look gorgeous baby.. You always have been!! Your such a sweetheart.. So WHEN are you coming to the gym? Thought we were gonna work something out :)