Thursday, April 3, 2008

Take me out to the ball game!!



This week has been great because baseball season started on Monday.  I am very optimistic about my team the Yankees chances this year.  There is nothing better than knowing your favorite team has the best player ever.  He may not always play the best in the playoffs but I still wouldn't trade him for anyone.  I am especially excited because I am going to see them play this year in Anaheim.  Anytime I get to go to California is nice but getting to watch the Yankees and spend time with my family there will make it that much better. I had the privilege of going to two Yankees games last year and they were both awesome.  The first game we didn't have the best seats but we did get to watch the Yanks beat the Red Sox so it was worth it.  Watching A-Rod hit a home run and Mo coming in to save the game were just the cherry on top.  The second game we watched was against the Devil Rays.  I thought for sure this would be a win, but I was wrong.  The Yankees got spanked but we had really good seats for that game so I got some good pics.  If you haven't ever gone to a professional baseball game I highly recommend it.  There is no experience like it.  The fans are always entertaining even if the game is not.  I went to my first Yankees game in 2002 and it was against the Red Sox again but they lost that game.  The best part of the night was the subway ride there.  We were packed into the subway like sardines because most people going to the game rode the subway.  I was standing up holding onto a pole next to my sisters when all of a sudden I felt a hand on my butt.  Since it was so crowded I didn't think much of it.  I just rotated a little and figured the hand would be gone but it wasn't. The hand seemed to follow my every movement.  I looked at my mom who was sitting in front of me and the lady she was talking with pointed out that a guy next to me was grabbing my butt!! At this point I didn't know what to do.  I wasn't about to piss off a New Yorker so I just tried to move away from him, fortunately for me he got off at the next stop.  About five minutes later a guy came into our section and was drunk and rambling on about how he hated white people....I was really second guessing my trip to NY at this point.  To make matters worse they stopped the subway so the police could go from car to car in search of a murder suspect. Yikes!! Once we FINALLY arrived to the game it was a torrential down pour and the game was delayed for over an hour.  Because of the rain delay we were able to spend some quality time with fellow Yankee fans and harass the Red Sox fans.  Back then the Yankee fans were still able to chant 1918 (those were the days).  My first Yankee game experience was very memorable, but I hope make many more memories with each game I am able to attend.  Go Yankees!!!!!  
(let's face it.....baseball butts are also a nice bonus especially when they belong to Derek Jeter and A-rod)  
  

5 comments:

Melanie said...

Go Red Sox! World Champions!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Melanie, Go Red Sox! Just kidding even though the Red Sox are my team I still like the Yankees! I think we are going to Maryland in August to see DJ's mom and Baltimore plays the Red Sox and the Yankees that week so we are planning on going to both games. I am pretty excited!

cheeks said...

hey shells!! I'm so glad i found you!! I'm much better at keeping in touch through the blogging world than i am at facebook or myspace!! (as you've probably noticed)

i love this post...you are so right, going to a pro baseball game is the best ever...especially when you have nice scenery like this pic you added...mmm,mmm,mmm!! I' m jealous you're going to cali...the only pro games i've been to are Angels games...3 of em (a cheaper flight than NY!)

I'm jealous i can't play sball this summer. i'm kinda in depression mode that it's almost may and i don't belong to ONE stinkin team! Dumb ohio!

Anyway, this comment is way longer than it should be, but i just wanted to say hey! I hope you're doing well!! Miss ya! Go Yanks!

The Tribe Family said...

I am a huge fan of baseball too!! I have to admit that my team is the Astro's by far!! I know I know!! I was born there and have stayed a fan!!! I love your blog so nice to see how your doing!! http://tribefamily.blogspot.com/
Rachel Kimball (Tribe)

Garmire's said...

I don't have a team I like but I love going to baseball games. I saw those pics on Myspace and it looked like you had a great time. Good to see that you did a blog.
-Leah
garmirefamily.blogspot.com/